While estimating the condition of the patient, the nurses should be involved in the following plan
Judging on the fact that the patient does not feel comfortable while socializing with other people, nurses should encourage the patient to communicate with a social worker and tell about the major problems. Although the patient is introverted, he recognizes that he can interact and entertain other people. Hence, patients with low self-esteem are often reluctant to communicate and, therefore, the task of healthcare workers is to develop a framework to build self-esteem. The plan should involve the following steps:
- The patient must pay closer attention to the needs and concerns to understand what is actually wrong with him. Nurses should not put pressure on the patient.
- Due to the fact that the participants did not experience a good care and support, it explains why is so anxious about communicating. In this respect, nurses should teach the patient to act and behave in a social medium. Eating healthy food, doing morning exercises, and talking to close people will be first things to do.
- Patient should learn doing certain things and enjoying the process. For instance, nurses should wonder whether he is fond of something, like music, of watching movies, or riding a car. All these activities will allow the patient to increase his self-esteem.
- Appealing to personal talents and abilities is essential for an individual to understand his uniqueness.
- The nurses should understand in what community patient feels comfortable to communicate with. It will help him to find a place and make sure that he can socialize freely.
In conclusion, positive self-esteem also relates to healthy lifestyle, including going outdoors and communicating with new people. Dressing and searching for identity is also important for the patient to understand his place in life.