Table of Contents:
- What Are Scholarships And Scholarship Essays?
- How To Write A Successful Scholarship Essay – Key Points To Consider!
- Get To Know The Basics Of Writing A Perfect Scholarship Essay
- Most Common Scholarship Topics: How to Handle Them Effectively
- Essay Prompts and Questions
- Check Out Our Free Scholarship Essay
- Get The Best Scholarship Essays – Online
- Order Your Scholarship Essay Today
What are Scholarships and Scholarship Essays?
Scholarships are a method of funding students’ education. They are usually provided by foundations, universities, and various businesses and/or organizations. The amount of funding provided covers the cost of education, food, and accommodation. Needless to say, a lot of students wish to receive this type of financial assistance. However, students need to submit an essay for academic scholarship funding if they are to receive such assistance. These essays should provide information about you, your views on a particular topic, and they should reflect your reasons for choosing a particular area of specialization within the university you hope to attend.
Scholarship essays can be produced in a diverse range of topics. Nevertheless, the essential feature that characterizes this type of work is that it presents one’s personal experience. The handy prompts given here will help you succeed in writing a marvelous paper.
How to Write a Successful Scholarship Essay – Key Points to Consider!
While it is difficult to know exactly how many students apply for scholarships in any given year, it can definitely be said that it is the quality of their essays that get some students the financial assistance they desire. But why are these so important to evaluation committees?
On the surface, writing an essay for academic scholarship may seem like nothing more than a formality. Usually, a lot more papers and information need to be submitted and many students pay more attention to these. When a student has a great GPA and other impressive credentials, why would a committee focus on a short essay that only further proves you are a good match?
In fact, the reasons why an essay for academic scholarship is important are quite simple. Scores alone do not tell whether a student is a good fit or not for a particular program. A face-to-face meeting with the person is, in truth, the best way of determining this. These meetings, however, are not always possible or convenient since the applicant may live in another state or even another country. Hence, essays are a good way for students to provide information about themselves, their lives, their goals and objectives, and why they want to attend a particular college or university. They give a general picture of the applicant, who he or she is, and what their goals in life are. Hence, your aim when writing a scholarship essay should be to present yourself in your best light and to prove you are much more than your scores from a test or exam. But you must first learn the art of writing successful scholarship essays and what the key ingredients of this type of assignment are.
It is sometimes very difficult to choose a suitable topic for the scholarship essay. However, if you take a look at the following ideas, it will be easier for you to pick up the most interesting subject for your paper.
Get to Know the Basics of Writing a Perfect Scholarship Essay
The first thing you need to do is allow enough time to write your essay. The amount of time needed differs from one person to another i.e. from just one week to an entire month. No matter how good a writer or student you are, it is not realistic to think you can produce a great essay in a day. Always keep the deadline in mind so that you do not miss it after having spent a lot of time and effort writing an otherwise good essay. It may even be that you think you need the help of a professional writing service where there are people who specialize in writing these types of papers.
The correct scholarship essay format involves a few easy steps you can follow to ensure your scholarship essay is successful. The first of these is deciding on a topic for your essay. It is also a good idea to learn all you can about the organization that is awarding the scholarship and document these in short bullet points. Showing an awarding committee that you have the right skills and expertise will help you persuade your readers that you are deserving of financial assistance with your education.
The next step is describing your motivation. Using a few well-chosen words, explain why you want to specialize in a particular area. Tell your readers what you have achieved so far in your life. Do your best to describe your ambitions and aspirations. Support these with examples e.g. mention specific projects you participated in.
Once your topic has been determined, start collecting source materials for your paper. Formulating an important question related to the field you have chosen can help you present your experience in an organized and structured manner.
If you refer to any existing winning scholarship essay examples, you will see that receiving financial assistance with education often requires the candidate to show they are capable of generating fresh ideas – good ideas. It can help, therefore, to develop a few basic questions about appropriate issues and provide relevant answers to these.
Creating the first draft of your essay, for which you may use a scholarship essay format template, is the next step. This draft should present everything you have thought about, analyzed, and remembered. Here, it is best to avoid complicated phrases. Just tell your own life story, who you really are, and why you are submitting this application. A personalized approach often works well in this type of essay and yours needs to be memorable, eye-catching, and active with descriptive language.
When your initial draft is finished, leave it aside, focus on something completely different, and then return to it when you are feeling refreshed enough to re-evaluate it. You will need to proofread and edit what you have written carefully. Or you could get one or more of your friends to do these tasks – the more proofreaders and comments the better. You will find that certain things can take away from the value of your essay such as boring and monotonous language. Therefore, you should use vivid and personal language where possible but do not exaggerate.
In the event you find scholarship essay writing difficult, do not be afraid to consult a professional and reputable writing service for assistance. Great-Essays.com is one such company. We get numerous requests for writing assistance every day and our team is always on hand to help. Indeed, there are few writing problems we cannot solve. So, please feel free to get in touch with us if ever you need help with writing projects. We are here 24×7.
Mind that the most essential thing about scholarship writing is examining the posed question thoroughly. In order to choose a great topic for your work, you need to spend about two weeks considering different ideas. Before you start brainstorming, take the below-mentioned points into consideration:
- Represent your considerable achievements. Why do you regard them as your major realization? In your paper, you should not talk only about the officially recognized accomplishments. It is much more interesting to tell the readers, i.e. the board about your success that seemed insignificant at first, but then appeared to be overwhelming, especially in a deep sense. Such information will be very helpful for the educational board.
- Do you have any abilities or skills that differ you from the rest of the applicants? How do you master these specific skills?
- Indicate a few favorite movies, books, or stories. Did they make any impact on you? Why do you like these very pieces?
- What fateful decision have you ever made? Has it influenced your way of living?
- Have you ever won an extremely severe competition? What qualities helped you enjoy the taste of victory?
- Have any of your endeavors ended in failure? How did you feel that moment?
- What activity would you like to participate in? Why?
- What country would you like to visit? Why? Who would you like to be with there?
Most Common Scholarship Topics: How to Handle Them Effectively
Everybody is worried when it goes about important milestones in life and it is necessary to cope with certain tasks and overcome difficulties to make progress. However self-contradictory it may sound, the scholarship topics are always the same, but the committee expects the answers to the questions to be outstanding and new with every new applicant.
If the themes are the same or at least similar every time the scholarship committee meets, it is a great opportunity to have a look at the list and get prepared to writing a winning text. You can use the following themes as a reference to collect your thoughts and be ready for the questions to answer.
Typical Themes for Scholarship Essays
- Career ambitions
- Life summary
- Life challenges
- Being a champion in some field
- Transformations and changes
- Traits of character
- Classroom success and activities
- College experience
- Composition from the committee
- Contribution to the community
- Being competitive
- Management and control
There are numerous samples online relevant to each of the fields and you can look for the definitions and more information that can help you in your application.
The questions we will share with you are not fictional. All of them are taken from real-life scholarship applications for the college and university students. We do hope that our help will be valuable for you, as we have exerted tremendous efforts to collect all the details together.
Essay Prompts and Questions
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Career Ambitions
It is understandable what the essay in the area of career ambitions will be. It is important for the application committee to know everything about your goals and your motivation to work hard and achieve the results.
- What are your ambitions after your graduation?
- What are your motives for selecting your particular career?
- What would you like to bring to the field and what changes are you going to make in the industry?
- How do you view your prospects in a ten-year time?
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Life Summary
This is an autobiography or life story of a student with the included details about the background, present-day life and future prospects. It is typical for some committees to request for a personal statement as well. Note that you should be careful to particular requirements of your application as they may differ. A life summary is required not in all personal statements.
- Prepare a brief autobiographical essay and tell about your family background, involvement in the life of your community, work experience, activities you like to have in your free time, hobbies, and life aspirations.
- Describe your goals and life accomplishments in a concise personal statement or life summary.
- Mention all the awards and honors you have.
- Mention the extra-curricular activities you take part.
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Life Challenges
It is one of the most provocative topics as it implies telling a story related to a conflict or failure in the life of a student. The thing is to demonstrate how you managed to draw important lessons or make conclusions after an unfortunate turn of events. Negative things can get you down and discourage, so your task is to show that you can cope with difficulties and not give up.
- Briefly describe the life areas in which you demonstrated your leadership skills. How could you overcome the difficulties in your personal life, social life, and studies?
- How did you handle the most challenging situation in your life? What was it?
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Being a Champion in Some Field
Why do you believe that you are the person who deserves the scholarship among many other applicants?
- What do you need the scholarship?
- Give a brief explanation (100 words maximum) of the reasons why the scholarship will be beneficial for you.
- Provide any extra comments that can convince the committee that you are the most suitable applicant to get the scholarship.
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Transformations and Changes
This section of questions is getting more and more popular among the scholarship committees interested in the ideas, opinions, and perspectives of the applicants in terms of environment issues, legislation, control of the population, and other areas that require the skills of critical thinking and analytical approach.
- What is your view of the gun control in the USA?
- There is a vital problem of texting and driving. How would you recommend handling it?
- What is your innovative idea about waste reduction?
Essay Scholarship Topics: Traits of Character
Merriam-Webster defines the character as the way of feeling, thinking, and behaving. So, this essay will let the committee know who you are and what they can expect from you.
- Remember the event that has changed your personality.
- Which situation has shaped you as a person, if any.
- I truly believe that …
- I believe success is …
- Which of your character traits will be helpful for you in your studies and career?
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Classroom success and activities
This category includes all possible topics related to the methods of teaching, anything concerning learning, academics, grades, study ambitions, and so on.
- Does the student learning experience any impact of technologies?
- What is a perfect college curriculum for you?
- What do you think about the consequences and benefits of standardized testing?
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: College Experience
The question about the reasons why an applicant wants to enter a particular college is among the most common ones. Quite often, this question is asked either as the main one or an additional one to an application.
- What motivates you to enter the college?
- What are your hopes and expectations about the college education?
- Define your goals in college education.
Is the information we collected of any help for you? You will save a lot of time if you use our list instead of searching for all that online. It is a matter of crucial importance to be ready for any of the scholarship topics, but it is nice if it is possible to have a full picture before the actual submission.
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Composition from the Committee
There are some really weird topics for scholarship essays. The committee may request for an essay devoted to a student’s favorite dish, or design of a company logo, or anything that can never be anticipated. Most probably, such scholarships are funded by a sponsor ad they are both eccentric and unique.
- Design a company mascot.
- Make a design of a greeting card for the collection.
- Prepare a video about giving up smoking in an innovative style.
- Tell about the impact of lights on your mood.
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Contribution to the Community
The focus of the essay can be not on the grades, scores, and knowledge of the applicant, but on the initiatives in the community, improvements in the community life, and serving people.
- What is the most meaningful experience in volunteering for you?
- Design postcards to say Thank You for the members of the military service.
- Which project would you like to suggest in order to change the community for the better?
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Being Competitive
It is typical to ask about being competitive to highlight participation in the bands, organizations, groups, athletic clubs, etc.
- Are you a good team player?
- Are these different concepts: a good student in the classroom, a good player on the field, and a good member of the community?
- What is your sportsmanship moment?
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Contributions
The committee may be interested in your willingness to take part in meaningful events to change the society at different levels.
- Are you eager to make a difference at the local or global levels? How?
- Have you done anything that has a potential of making a difference in someone’s life?
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Management and Control
Control is commonly associated with leadership, and there are numerous topics related to being a leader and doing important things that influence the lives of other people. The application committee may ask questions about interaction in the groups, taking part in common projects, organizing events for numerous people, etc.
- Define leadership as you see it.
- Have you ever demonstrated your leadership skills in any social, family, or school situations?
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Creativity
This section includes the topics that require creative thinking, so the applicants are typically given sufficient freedom to present their opinions on the suggested topic or the topic they can think of themselves.
- Compose a brief story of not more than 2,000 words.
- Provide a photo that is associated with the concept of the “family”.
- Create a 2-minute video that can serve as a warning to the people who like texting while driving.
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Credentials
Merriam-Webster defines credentials as a combination of achievements, qualifications, and personal qualities which make a person suitable for some activity or award.
- This scholarship is for the female students who have chosen a major in the industry dominated by males. What motivated you to choose this particular major?
- This scholarship is for the LGBTQI community members. What is your most meaningful volunteering initiative implemented for the benefit of the community?
- The applicants are supposed to be dependents of veterans or active military members. Explain why you will benefit from this scholarship?
- This scholarship is for undergraduate students in their first semester. How would you describe the required study habits for freshmen?
Topic for a Scholarship Essay: Culture
This is a broad area of topics and the students may be asked about their origin, family traditions, and anything related to the typical environment.
- What is the pride of your university?
- Why have you decided to study at college out-of-state?
- Which artwork can represent your hometown best of all?
Check Out Our Free Scholarship Essay
Since the early childhood, I was involved into the world of science and engineering. Everything started with Lego and puzzles. With time parents helped me to discover the world of technology. My father and I made planes and small cars with the help of building sets for children. However, I was really involved into the process and tried to understand everything at the elementary level. Then, by chance, I used and implemented my knowledge to explore the world of science. As a result, the practical and theoretical aspects in the process of learning helped me to define my field of work.
Currently, I am a student of the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus. I am a Bachelor in Science and my major is Mechanical Engineering and Curricular Sequence in Project Management. I plan to graduate in May, 2015. I help freshmen to get involved in the academic and social life of the Industrial & Mechanical Engineering Departments since 2009. As a member of Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, I started to work as a member of the marketing team. My current position is Digital Media Manager. I created and developed a database with all proposals, newsletters and event summaries for sponsors. I also created a new webpage and manage SPHE’s digital networks for effective communication with members.
I am mostly interested in design and development. This is what inspires me the most and makes me think out of the box, find new solutions and apply gained knowledge. I have participated in few different projects so far. The one I am proud of is the project I have worked on in the Center for Highrate Nonmanufacturing, at University of Massachusetts Lowell. I was engaged in the work of Plastic Engineering Department as REU Intern. Together with others I researched characteristics of superhydrophobic surfaces for use in potential self-cleaning applications. We manufactured samples with micro features on the surface using Injection Molding Technology, characterized micro feature were reached with the help of Scanning Electron Microscopy and Optical Microscopy. The final result we have reached was an increase of hydrophobicity by 37%. Now I am actively involved into two projects. Read more…
Get the Best Scholarship Essays – Online at Great-Essays.com!
Writing an academic and career goals essay can be very difficult, not least because today’s world moves at a remorseless pace. Students are expected to deal with huge volumes of urgent assignments and other problems. Sometimes there is just not time to manage everything. Great-Essays.com understands this perfectly well, which is why our company was founded.
Our company aims to help students throughout the world get a place on the programs they want to join by providing top-quality essays. We have expert writers always ready to complete your papers according to your preferences and instructions. Just go to our website, start a live chat session, and ask us to help you write your scholarship essay urgently. You will receive an immediate response.
Order Your Scholarship Essay Today from Great-Essays.com
If you find some unexpected problem is taking up the time you had set aside for writing your essay, you may well starting thinking you need to find an expert who will help you with the task. This makes perfect sense, especially if you choose Great-Essays.com. Our qualified and experienced writers are online and available 24×7 to help with any type of paper when you run out of time.
You need no longer worry about how good your essay will be or missed deadlines when you contact us. We guarantee you will receive original and excellently written papers every time and on time. Just submit an inquiry today via our website and get immediate assistance!