An informal essay is written mostly for fun if it can be said so. It does not mean that this paper provides no information about the chosen subject. The thing is that it is of less formal character. An informal paper presents a particular point of view about the examined issue or gives a reflection on it. However, it is not aimed at conducting extensive research and providing strong arguments about the matter. Still, it has a stable structure.
It should be noted that an informal paper differs from the formal one in a way that it is more personal. Nevertheless, both of these essays present writer’s subjective point of view on the main question. In the formal work, writer’s opinion is covert due to the number of hard facts. As to informal essay, the writer addresses the readers directly. When producing an informal paper, you need to give it your personal touch. There is nothing wrong in using some formal expressions. However, be careful not to seem uninterested in the subject.
There are the following characteristic features of an informal essay:
- The paper can be written in the elevated style. However, less formal character of information layout is also acceptable.
- Paragraphs should not be very long. The tone is conversational which is inappropriate for a formal essay.
- A paper should still contain a clear statement in the introduction, remarkable examples in the body, and summarizing points in the conclusion.
- An informal essay as any other work has to be grammatically correct.
There no restrictions concerning the topics for an informal paper. It is up to you to decide which issue to discuss. Below, there is a short list of topics that can be covered in the informal essay:
- The Most Exciting Day of My Life
- Marriage and Money: What Is True Love?
- Religious Beliefs: They Help Me Get Out of Troubles
- Should Pop Stars Be a Role Model for Us?
- Life after Death
- My Favorite Cafe
Note that it is necessary to be aware of the subject you are going to write about. One should produce the paper that will attract readers’ interest. In addition, you should not forget to express your personal opinion about the explored issue.