While the concept of romantic love is excessively popularized, loving yourself is tragically underappreciated. Before bestowing anyone with the honor of your love, you should learn how to value and admire yourself.
Here are several ideas to help you learn how to cherish yourself!
- Spend time with yourself by keeping a journal. Your writing might not be the greatest literary achievement the humanity has ever created, but at the very least, it will allow you to communicate with yourself properly. Just make sure to make regular entries.
- Compliment yourself. Building self esteem is a long-term laborious task. Giving compliment is not that hard. It will surely give you a small boost necessary to keep you inspired every day.
- Go to the cinema on your own. Seeing a movie is a very classic date thing to do. Why not have a date with yourself. One shouldn’t really talk in the movie theater anyway, so it all works out well. Doing this can teach you to appreciate your own company.
- Visit a fine dining establishment by yourself. Dining alone is usually considered to be a strange thing to do. However, you don’t really need another person by your side to enjoy good food. At the very least, you won’t have to listen to a bad date’s annoying chatter during the whole thing.
- Volunteer. Doing good things for others comes with benefits for yourself, too! Find an important cause that you feel strongly about and enjoy the feeling of changing the world for the better.
- Go on a bookstore expedition. Go to a used bookstore and give a home to all those battered copies of Penguin classics. Or just spend a day browsing Barnes and Noble. Find yourself in between the endless rows of books.
- Make a vision board. This may seem like a very teenage thing to do, but crafting a physical thing with your goals and aspirations can do lots of good. Firstly, you will have a clear representation of what you strive for. Secondly, it’s a fun way to spend an evening.
- Learn about things that interest you. Learning now is easier than ever before. There are hundreds of free courses and lectures on-line. Or you can do the old way and take out a book from the local library.
Find a way to love yourself!